Teff Grass Hay, Bale
A preferred forage for horses with relatively low non-structural carbohydrates as confirmed by a recent horse feeding trial at Penn State University. Teff hay is high in calcium as well as phosphorus, iron, copper, aluminum, barium and thiamine and adequate potassium levels.
- Good Protein and Energy Values
- Comparable to Timothy Grass
- LOWER AVERAGE NON-STRUCTURAL CARBOHYDRATES
- Teff grass on average will have fewer of those pesky non-structural carbohydrates compared to other grasses
- given it’s very fine, soft stems horses more often than not love it!
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- The production of teff hay is generally less intensive than other types of forages.