STRONGID® Paste safely removes and controls various internal parasites in horses and ponies, including mature infestations of large strongyles, small strongyles, roundworms and pinworms.
Because every horse is unique, the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) guidelines recommend working with your veterinarian to develop an Individualized Deworming™ plan tailored to your horse’s needs. Prior to purchasing a dewormer, ask your veterinarian to conduct a fecal egg count test. Then evaluate your horse’s individualized deworming needs.
- Safe for use in horses and ponies, including breeding, pregnant and lactating mares and young foals
- Active ingredient, pyrantel pamoate, is from the chemical class tetrahydropyrimidine, which is unrelated to other classes of equine anthelmintics
- Effective against mature infections of roundworms, large strongyles, small strongyles and pinworms
- Shown to be effective against benzimidazole-resistant strongyles1
- Convenient disposable syringe treats up to 1,200 pounds of body weight