Purina Equine Senior Horse Feed, 50 lb.
As horses reach their geriatric years, it becomes important to address the changes that occur by adjusting feeding programs to fit their nutritional needs. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed is formulated to deliver complete balanced nutrition, including forage, to the senior horse with problems chewing and digesting feed and forages due to age.
Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed provides the specific balance of energy, protein, vitamins, minerals and high-quality fiber (including beet pulp) your senior horse requires to maintain proper body condition. And the unique Easy Soak™ Pellet Technology makes it easy to chew, regardless of your horse’s chewing ability, and is more digestible than whole grains, hay or pasture. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed provides the best nutrition for senior horse. Plus, your horse will love the taste.
Feed form: Complete pellet and extruded nuggets
Recommended for: Older Horses, especially those that may be losing weight due to poor nutrient absorption, dental problems or no teeth at all. This feed can replace all or some of the horse forage requirement.
CRUDE PROTEIN MIN 14.00 %
LYSINE MIN 0.70 %
FAT MIN 5.50 %
FIBER MAX 18.00 %
CALCIUM (CA) MIN 0.60 %
CALCIUM (CA) MAX 0.80 %
PHOSPHORUS MIN 0.40 %
SODIUM (NA) MIN 0.10 %
SODIUM (NA) MAX 0.60 %
COPPER (CU) MIN 55 PPM
SELENIUM (SE) MIN 0.30 PPM
ZINC (ZN) MIN 220 PPM
VITAMIN A MIN 3,500 IU/LB
VITAMIN E MIN 140 IU/LB
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs.
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label.
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program.